Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ranking System Adjustment
- RP/Decay Overhaul
- No decay under R6, massively reduced under R10, capped at max of 50% rank ever.
- Standing 1 = higher ranking calcrelative to classic ranking points.
- Lower decay = higher RP rewards for higher standing relative to classic, however overall RP gain calculations are reduced slightly to compensate.
- Very consistent [but can be done very quickly with high standing from low ranks] ranking system up to R12/13 even with limited time investment relative to classic.
- R13 -> R14 will need high/top standing to actually progress past 10-20%/week.
- Standings pool sizes greatly increased to offset population numbers
- Epic PvP sets balanced to T1 levels, buffs will come with later phases to keep them relevant.
- Blue/Epic set bonuses reworked and adjusted in various ways. (See Atlasloot V+ in Addons)
- Greatly increased honor bonus for killing players ranked higher than you.
- Currently due to population issues/bg imbalances, Alliance have a 50% RP gain increase. (09/08/2022; still in effect?)
- If players of opposing faction have the same IP, they will not receive credit for kills towards standing/rating calc. [Multibox abuse prevention]
- Can turn honor gain off using ".honorgain", useful for high rated players who want to be cooperative with standings/pool placement and/or pvping for fun without griefing rankers [See Server Chat Commands]
- Alterac Valley temporarily disabled
- Reputation gains greatly increased (approx 5x faster)
- Reputation Rewards rebalanced, made more useful for various specs. New items added (See Atlasloot V+ in Addons)
- Objects in environment such as rocks/trees/bones now act as collision and can dodge/LoS spells.
- BG Mark awarded every 20-30 minutes in queue in addition to bonus honor.
- BG Marks can be used to purchase raid flasks for 10x of each mark per flask. (30 marks total)
- Can also turn in for gold via honor quests at faction warbringers.
- Deserter pops if you miss too many queues (to prevent cheesing mark queue system), exponentially scales to 48 hr+ if you routinely troll.
- Close games reward extra marks to loser.
- Various anti-grief mechanics added
- Use ".report" command added to votekick AFK/griefing players. [See Server Chat Commands]
- Capped at 40min game length
- Flag carrier takes increased damage after 15m
- Many collision points added to prevent cheese jumps
- Added LoS object in middle of map for skirmishing
- Water to BS is now shallow, allows mounts to run across instead of log jumping.
- Various GM/LM pathway adjustments and LoS objects added to allow better defense.
- Additional comeback mechanics added
- Dynamic Cap Timer
- 'Others'? (Per changelog, need clarification)
World PvP Changes
- Faction Leader Kill System
- Killing city leaders rewards MASSIVE honor gains, be warned some are very difficult relative to raid bosses.
- Faction Leader Auras - Members of the same faction near their faction leaders will receive massively increased honor rewards for HKs (to encourage defense of leaders being worthwhile honor reward)
- Silithus Sands massively buffed honor gain
- Eastern Plaguelands Towers
- Each tower has varying types of guardian NPCs (very difficult to solo without cheese if not impossible for most classes)
- Buffs now affect WPL and different towers have different affects in addition to their base benefits
- South - Creates area where opposing faction cannot mount or move over 100% speed
- North - Creates clickable object that can dispell you can give shadow res and stam % buff.
Misc PvP Balance Changes
- PvP Trinket/Insignia for all classes lowered from 5 to 3 minute cooldowns.
- Druid PvP Movespeed Set Bonus nerfed